Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vote Match and CSM7

Well, I've been avoiding typing up this post for at least the past few weeks. Trying to make an informed decision and not just a knee-jerk vote for my corpmate Leboe. A while back I was going to ask some specific questions of the CSM hopefuls and see who responded, and with what. In the end my questions seemed hollow and contrived so I scrapped the idea. I wish had fleshed out the idea and asked those questions, it would have been interesting to see people's responses to small gang combat and NPC 0.0 questions.

Instead I have been listening to all of the excellent podcast coverage of debates, while simultaneously attempting to keep track of who said what, when, and why. Hell, even if I kept notes of who said what I think I would be lost by now. All for the effort of trying to keep up to speed with the upcoming CSM7 elections.

Then I just went back to the same site that has led me through every single other CSM, that is Vote match for CSM9 provided by Dierdra Vaal. Now not only does this site provide useful information, it also gives a chance to see, side by side, views of who best represents your idea's.

To do this, Dierdra has setup a simple statement based system, for example

"The core combat model of EVE lacks complexity and is too simple." And then gives five options to the right, ranging from Strongly Disagree to Strongly Agree, the middle option being "No opinion" or more accurately, "don't care."

From these statements and your responses it gives you a list of all the candidates and how their responses compare to yours. Even to the level of looking at things you strongly disagree with and see who agree's with them so you know who to root against.

Well my results are below, and it looks like it was a good thing that Leboe decided to fire up his own CSM candidacy otherwise my vote would be wasted by yet another vote for Elise!


I say wasted because I am fairly certain that he has a great chance to make it back in already. Leboe on the other hand is for sure a longshot. I see Hans Jagerblitzen on there as well, and a great candidate, representing lowsec and facwar very well from what I have heard of him. Korvin, was not well known to me, being a "Russian bloc" candidate, but turns out he holds more than one of the same views I do as I read his CSM page, coming in third of my suggested people I should vote for. I've read and reviewed all their campaign posts and I will once again follow Vote-match into the void and select Leboe with my accounts, hoping that a true small gang pilot can make it onto the special 7. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other three on there as well.

I suppose it helps that Leboe is a Rote Kapelle alliance member, not that my opinion of him is based just on his alliance membership and Corp membership.

Surprise(to me)absentee's from my top five - Prometheus Exenthal (45%), and Alekseyev Karrde (60%). Both self-nominated small gang candidates, but yet so different from my responses. Very eye opening to see them nailed down on some topics that obviously we differ on in significant ways.

Really interesting for me to take a look at some of the "Big names" out there as they pertain to myself. My fifth ranked candidate is another very good one, Meissa Anunthiel (63%), of Rooks and Kings, who has a ton of experience in both the CSM as well as in game. The Mittani (Goonswarm) manages to have 48% of my views, not that he needs my vote. Trebor Daehdoow (51%), honestly thought he would be higher, he's had a vote of mine before. How about Seleene (56%)?

All in all, I will be supporting my alliance mate Leboe! Should you find yourself with some extra time and are still wondering who to vote for, you should go check out vote match and give it a shot for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Hans Jagerblitzen is not a Russian bloc candidate, he isn't even a bloc candidate at all. His supporter base is largely independent empire groups, with probably the largest and main core of that being FW players, as he is from FW. However, he doesn't have the same kind of "whipping power" as null-bloc candidates to garner votes, so hopefully he can secure a traveling seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I just want to point out that it was a bit of editor fail on my part, I dug up my word doc for this post and restored the paragraph to it's original state, or rather it's intended state. Korvin is the R-Bloc candidate, and Hans is, of course, the Lowsec, Facwar, Empire rep that he is supposed to be, sorry for the mistake, all better now!

    ReplyDelete