Friday, January 11, 2013

BB 43 : The 2012 Heroes of New Eden


At the turn of the year in meatspace, award season starts to spin up. Across the general media, folk are encouraged to look to their peers and recognise excellence and inspiration from the previous year. For the past two years I have attempted to do the same for EVE by distributing imaginary Free Boot Awards to an eclectic assortment of community luminaries. This year I thought it might be nice to expand the concept. 
For Blog Banter 43 I would like to invite every participant to nominate their peers for whatever awards you think they deserve. Let's celebrate the best and the worst of us, the funniest or the most bizarre, the most heroic of the most tragic of the past year. They could be corpmates, adversaries, bloggers, podcasters, developers, journalists or inanimate objects. Go nuts.
Man, what a task. Go nuts is right. Now originally I was going to try and do some out of the box awards, most with my tongue planted full in my cheek, Rixx Javix style, but then thinking about it I realized that I was having a very tough time identifying the blogs that I thought deserved mention, but that were not getting enough mention.

At first I was thinking Ripard could do with a well earned "Poasts too much Title."
Or perhaps Shalee for her heroic efforts to post a bog daily over the month of November, but then having RL and then Eve corp stuff and then back to RL issues de-rail her quest. I still wish her the best.
Or perhaps some of the lesser known blogs out there that I follow that would benefit in some small way from a mention on this blog.
In the end though, it wasn't that I couldn't find people to publicize, or a lack of what I consider 'good' content, it was that there was no way I could narrow that all down to just a few blogs. Like I always say, there's nothing worse than getting a "participation medal" just so I can mention your name.

All I can do for this popularity contest of a blog banter is just say that there are tons of blogs that do different things for me. In the end, all I can say is that (almost) everyone involved is a valuable asset that can't be measured by some title or award I could bestow.

Anyways the one award I will give out is the tightest Dev at CCP. For all values of tight.
TIGHT!
CCP Fozzie is the winnar! My favorite CCPer though, honorable mentions to CCP Punkturis, CCP Bro and CCP Falcon (follow them on twitter)....

So in this popularity contest I will take the uninspired vote of "everyone wins!"

1 comment: